Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Blog Entry 1

In "Original Sin: A Short Story", I understood the sense of loss and of a lesson being learned. Originally I did not understand some words but with the discussion I see now the way certain phrases mean a different thing then what I thought they meant. The symbol I saw in the fist stanza was about a warning in life now I see how it can represent some type of 'ghost' that is watching you. The way I viewed this poem was a young adult leaving home without approval or blessing from his family and that he was going to learn a deep dark lesson. He denies believing it but ends up realizing that it is not good to leave behind those that care about you in a rude manner because no one will care for you as those that love you will. I can easily grasp the idea of the poem being related to pain, loss, or despair a different view from my original understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment